SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

1/12/2009

Schmidts Original


NABENDYNAMO IN DAS HAUS
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop
I finally got one. Boulder Bicycle made me an offer that was too good to pass up. I've got a rim (MA-3, 605mm ERD) which matches the others on my bike, so all I need now is spokes. And Mavic's handy spoke-length calculator at their dealer/tech website says I need 292.45mm spokes. The formula given in the SON instructions (spoke length = rim radius - 9.5mm, for 32 hole/3-cross lacing) yields a length of 293mm, so those values agree. DT 14/15g should do it...hmmm, I wonder what's in my parts bin?

3 Comments:

Blogger Marco Velo said...

Nice, Boulder Bicycles is a very cool shop. I just received a SON 28R dynohub. These are awesome hubs. I noticed Box Dog had one SON 28 hub last time I stopped by. There have been a number of comments on the SON 28 on vibration at certain speeds so I went with the 28R.

Marco

10:04 PM  
Blogger jim g said...

What's the 28R? I've read about the 20R, but not a 28R...?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Marco Velo said...

sorry I meant 20R.

Marco

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home