SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

3/07/2008

Thanks Jim, I owe you my Kingdom!

My last entry had me pining for a seat post, proclaiming that this was the last component I needed to assemble my Kogswell 700C P/R frame.

One of my riding buds (Cyclofiend) pinged me a day or two later with a short message: "Keep an eye out for a package in your mail." Sure enough, a nice silver seatpost arrived shortly thereafter, wrapped in a massive layer of protective bubblewrap. And the Tyvek mailing bag it was sent in will be recycled into numerous tire boots!

Jim, you answered my plea, so now I guess I've gotta hand over the pink-slip to the kingdom! I'm not sure how my wife will feel about that, though...

Of course, the story doesn't end here, because it seem this frame really wants a 27.4mm post, not a 27.2 as specified...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is the 27.2 too slim? Waterfords from certain era are the only bikes I know of that uses 27.4mm. Velosport here in Berkeley stocks them, $20 a piece, some generic shining, polished Taiwanese seatpost, not Nitto, but probably works ok. It supports all 195lbs of me well enough.

I haven't seen the information for the 700c Kogswell P/R anywhere, how did you procure yours?

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, pshaw! Ain't no thing. Happy to oblige, partner! Always like to feed the cycling addiction.

6:35 AM  
Blogger jim g said...

Hi Franklyn,

Yes, 27.2mm is too small. Thanks for the Velosport pointer, if I can't find a post nearby I'll try over there.

There's really been no published info about the 700C P/R Kogswells...the only details that have been made available have come from the KOG list. See my Kogswell page for more.

11:56 AM  
Blogger gwadzilla said...

shim?

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home