SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

4/25/2007

Let there be Light!


Dual Cree XR-E Bicycle Headlamp
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop.
After an extended pull last night, my dual Cree XR-E LED bike headlamp is finished! I haven't done any testing yet, but at this point I'm happy that the thing lights up! Last couple of things I need to do are seal up the aluminum housing (my joints aren't very precise and thus they're not tight) and glue the acrylic lens in place. More info here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! When are we gonna field test that beam?

-- Jim

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say let's go for a night ride, Headlands, perhaps Paradise Loop?

Nice work!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Where did you get the clamp from? Was it something you had laying around, or a part you were able to order from somewhere?

Thanks...

Ken

6:47 PM  
Blogger jim g said...

This is the clamp I used.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home