SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

6/01/2006

2001 Fuji Cross frameset


2001 Fuji Cross frameset
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop.
Picked this 58cm frameset up tonight for a decent price to build into an all-rounder bike. It came with a Ritchey threadless stem and a Ritchey Logic roller-bearing headset. There's a few nicks and scratches, but overall the frame's in pretty reasonable shape. Its main tubes are Columbus Genius, and the forks and stays are triple-butted chromoly. The rear dropouts are investment-cast Ritchey vertical dropouts. It seems a pretty lightweight frame, if I do say so myself. It might be sacrilege, but I will probably strip the wheels and parts from my Austro Daimler Vent Noir to build up this bike...possibly a bad move because that bike's become my main ride and why mess with a good thing, right? I just need to get some good, modern cantilever brakes, and some screw-in cable adjusters for the funky, welded-on downtube cable stops. Full specs here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home