SF Cyclotouring

Ride reports and other ramblings from a San Francisco cyclist.

4/14/2006

4.10.2006 Fixed Gear Ride up Conzelman Road


bike, bridge, and road
Originally uploaded by jimgskoop.
On Monday we had a respite from the rain, so I rode my fixed-gear bike up to the top of Conzelman Road. I think I left just before 4pm -- by the time I got to the GGB they'd opened the west-side bike path so I didn't have to fight with the tourists/peds. I've never ridden a fixed gear up to the top of Conzelman, and nearly bailed a couple of times. I think my average pedal-cadence was around 20 rpms. Just as I was about to give up, two roadies silently slipped past me, giving me a carrot to chase, so I persisted onwards/upwards; of course right around the next bend there was the top, so I'm glad I didn't give up.

I turned around at the top after snapping some photos, and thought about trying some "underbiking" by taking the trail down to Bunker Road, but it's closed to bikes due to all the rain we've been having. So I pedalled down to Bunker Road, through the tunnel, then up Sausalito Lateral back to the GGB and on home. I think I did about 20 miles (I don't have a computer on this bike).

Date: 4.10.2006
Mileage: 20
Bike: Nsport
Time: 3:30pm-5pm


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home